Sometimes, you are going through a phase of life, and then God throws in a live-wire: you hear something that lifts you up from your discouragement; then you bounce back to life, and charge forward like a brand new car.
1) Nothing is as easy as it first appears. Don’t get cocky, too preachy about your present blessing.
2) There are children raised under the most perfect christian environments, yet completely backslidden. There are children raised in the worst environments, who turn out as Gods greatest assets and spiritual heroes.
3) Lucifer backslided without a devil in his life. How do you backslide while hanging around God.
4) Confrontation is an attempt to preserve a relationship. Confront a subordinate. Confer with a peer and counsel with authority. Honor is when you don’t confront an authority(age / achievement).
5) You are never responsible for the pain of those who ignore your counsel.
6) Those without your memories cannot feel your pain.
7) Don’t teach someone how to swim when he’s already drowning.
8) Mercy and Patience are very dangerous gifts. When you forgive someone a debt, he expects you to forgive the other.
9) There is no day like a wedding day. Its a day of total blindness.
10) When you are walking in your dissapointments, thats when the stupidity of everyone around you emerges.
11) Man at his best state is but vanity. God doesn’t want you addicted to any human being.
12) You can’t enjoy life if you are not enjoying you. If you are physically fit, you won’t need to be treated for depression.
13) You need to close the gap such that the ‘public you’ and the ‘private you’ are the same person.
14) When you realize how hard it is to change yourself, you begin to have compassion on others who can’t change themselves.
15) Walk through your dissapointment, don’t make it your lifestyle.
16) Dissapointment is an invitation for change.
17) Those who do not feel your pain may not understand your goals. Those who do not understand your goals may disagree with your decisions. Those who disagree with your decisions will become adversaries.
culled from a message Mike Murdoc, titled: recovering from the heartache of dissapointment